Monday, December 17, 2007

Random Christmas Hoopla!

My sister tagged me with this today, so here goes!

The Random Christmas Hoopla!
Here goes:

1. List 12 random things about yourself that have to do with Christmas
2. Please refer to it as a ‘hoopla’ and not the dreaded ‘m’-word (which, for you bloggy newbies, is meme)
3. You have to specifically tag people when you’re done. None of this “if you’re reading this, consider yourself tagged” stuff is allowed…then nobody ends up actually doing it. The number of people who you tag is really up to you — but the more, the merrier to get this ‘hoopla’ circulating through the blogosphere.
4. Please try and do it as quickly as possible. The Christmas season will be over before we know it and I’d like to get as many people involved as possible.

Random Chrismas "Me-Things"

1. I get irritated if i'm opening presents with people and they don't go one at a time! You're supposed to go one at a time people!!

2. I have no children, so I take my dog to see Santa Clause. I even dressed him up in a santa sweater to match!

3. When I was young I thought my Baby's First Christmas ornament was very fancy and made of crystal. I don't think it was until I was like 15 that I kind of had the realization that it's just cheap plastic, and probably from Walmart! lol

4. My family had a little ornament on our tree that was a tiny book with the lyrics to Christmas songs in it (and yes Jen, you're right, I will never forgive you for ending up with it! lol). It was my fave ornament and to this day I still get excited by Christmas lyric songbooks for some reason. I know all the lyrics to different songs, so i'm not sure why I love them so much lol

5. The best Christmas present I remember getting as a kid was the board game Mall Madness. It was a board game about shopping!! There were even little credit cards you swiped, and it talked. WAY too cool! lol

6. The first Christmas present I got for my sister with my own money, that I picked on my own, was a cheesy little candle holder with a fireplace and a mouse. She stil has it, bless her soul! lol

7. I have never got a bad Christmas present from my mom! She always gets me the most amazing gifts. Apparently even this year, while she's in hospital, I have a cool gift coming my way (or so my sister says).

8. I love the egg nog latte's from Starbucks (only available at Christmas time) even though I ALWAYS feel sick after drinking one! lol

9. I LOVE making my own ornaments! And I pawn off these ornaments to others and call them gifts! I've made penguins and snowmen out of lightbulbs, snowmen out of boxes and adorable gingerbread men out of cookie cutters. I think they're pretty cool :)

10. I buy and wrap presents for all my pets, and then open them for them :P And if i find something I really want for myself while shopping, i'll buy it, wrap it and sign it "To Mom, From Hope" ... Hope is my cat!

11. Christmas isn't Christmas without crackers (those things you pop at the dinner table) and the silly jokes and hats that come inside them. My Aunt Bev was always the only one who would wear her hat all night. Everyone else wears it for the obligatory 6 minutes and then takes it off. Not Aunt Bev, it would be like 2 hours after dinner and she'd still be wearing it! lol

12. I get into the festive spirit, even in my online video game world! I love in World of Warcraft when they have the Winter's Veil festival. Just today I made myself a cute little santa outfit and got a pet reindeer. Too much fun!!

And that's that! I won't tag anyone, cause I don't know enough people who read here, and mostly did this to amuse my sister. But if you're doing it on your blog, please leave a comment so I can check it out :)

Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gill,

I just got your blog addy from Jen and will add you to my daily (procrastination) hit list