Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas Wrap Up!

Well, Christmas is officially over, and the New Year is on it's way! Christmas actually went better than I thought it would, seeing as I wasn't at home and was dealing with my Mom being in hospital. Ended up having some great moments over the holiday, especially with it being Nate's first Christmas. One special moment was seeing my sister read him his first Night Before Christmas (which is a family tradition for us), and another was seeing my Dad reading his first grandchild stories before bed. He's such a great Grandpa, it was too cute. :)

Ended up with some fun presents too! Brandon got me a great book on photography, all about setting up proper exposure (I'm still a photography nub). So I'm looking forward to improving my photography in the new year (more of that later when I start talking about my 365 challenge.) And... wait for it... my sis got me a CLIP IT UP! I'm so stoked about using this awesome storage device for my large sticker/rub on stash. So looking forward to getting back to Comox to set it up. :)

Speaking of being back in Comox, I'm still staying at my mom's place in Ontario right now. She's been improving quite a bit in the hospital, and she told me she would really love me to stay as long as I could, so Brandon and I added an extra week onto our trip. The huge smile on her face when I told her I was staying longer, was well worth it! I hate seeing her stuck in a hospital bed with tubes and iv's all over her, but let it be a lesson to everyone to take care of themselves! Especially you smokers out there *shakes a finger at any bad smokers* But it's looking like she'll make it through, though it will be a long, hard, road to recovery.

Till next time, have a safe and happy New Year!

<3 Gillian

P.S. I wanted to fill this post with great Christmas photos, but I keep forgetting them on my sisters camera! Silly me. hehe

2 comments:

china59 said...

I'm glad your mom is feeling better,and that you were able to stay a bit longer with her !

I would need a photography book myself, I really need to improve my pics !

Have a very Happy New Year !

Mariangeles M said...

Glad to hear your mom is feeling better :-)