Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Taking care of Turner

Well, this week has definitely taken a turn for the not-as-much-fun. I would say worse.. but it's not really THAT bad... just unpleasant. To start with my allergies are UBER bad at the moment! I'm one of those people who's allergic to the whole world... grass, trees, flowers, mold, dust, fur, feathers... and the list goes on. Normally I take one 24-hour allergy pill every day and I'm pretty much good to go. Not this week! I'm a sniffly, blubbery, watery-eyed mess! lol But I've got nothing on my poor puppy (okay, he's not MINE, he's my sisters, but I've been taking care of him for the last month) Turner. I discovered yesterday that he had a weird crusty spot on his cheek that was all bloody. I took him to the vet and turns out it's a 'Hot Spot', otherwise known as moist eczema. They had to shave half his face to allow the wound to get air and dry out. It looks SUPER SUPER nasty though :S And painful too. The poor guy is just not himself, he only chased the ball 3 times today.. which for anyone who knows Turner, knows that's just crazy. :(


There's a new challenge up over at Lotus Paperie (okay, it's from Friday, i just didn't tell you until now) and it's a pretty unique little inspiration piece. You should all go check it out!

In my final bit of news, Rae-Lynn is home!! YAY! And next week my sister and Nate will be home! All my favourite people back in the same town as me. Life is good! :)

Oh, except for the part where I get to clean an oozing wound off of a giant dog twice a day. :P

Happy Tuesday,
<3 Gillian

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I for one truly appreciate you cleaning the oozing wound on my giant dog! And I'm sure he does too...he just might noe know it yet! LOL

Sorry you got stuck dealing with it, but at least to give him the pills you don't have to pry his jaws open and shove them down his throat! Remind you of any cats you know??

The Selman's said...

Poor Turner! I'm sure his Auntie Gill is taking good care of him! Hope you're feeling better soon too. Itchy watery eyes on a daily basis must not be fun! See you next week!

Jackie said...

Poor Turner..poor Gill, hope the big lug is feeling better soon.