Thursday, March 6, 2008

WOOHOO!

I made it to the final round in the Scrapping With The Stars contest over at Coordinates Collections! That means I will win a prize, which is SWEET! Free stuff makes me giddy with excitement :D I don't think by any means that i'll win this round, there is for sure one other contestant who is WAY better than me, LOVE her work, and would totally think she deserves to win. But i'm thrilled to be this far :)

Here are my two layouts that got me into this round. THey were inspired by Tim Holtz and Jen Dubbs (0ne of the CC DT members).



Now I have to design layouts inspired by Kimberley Madrid (another DT member over there) and Cathy Zielske. I had never even heard of Cathy before :S So i need to research! Already finished my Kimberly layout tonight at scrapbooking though :)

So, if you live in my area, and are interested in taking one of my classes at the scrap store where I work, here's the details! I'm super excited about it, even though i'm not 100% pleased with my sample layouts.

Also, the store (Scrapbook Central) is having it's grand opening on Saturday, and i'll be doing card demos and working all day. So stop by for at least 10% off!!

I'll be back in a day or so with my 365 pics, just need to get them on the computer :P lol

Happy Thursday!
<3 Gillian

5 comments:

alittlebitofscrap said...

Your layouts look wonderful :) Congrats on the win!! and good luck with your classes.

Anonymous said...

I like the one of you and I! And having seen the other entrants - I think you have just as good a chance as them!

We need to scrap together soon!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME WORK!!! CONGRATS :) :) Good luck :)

Anonymous said...

hey gillian!! so excited for you!! woohoo!!! those are fabulous LO's!! good luck with the next round!!

so happy to hear you are teaching!!! are you having fun with it?? and your LO's for the class are great!!!

have a fabulous thursday!!

Kristine Paisley said...

Your work is fabulous, fantastic! Wish I lived nearby to take a class, and congrats on final three... You rock!